"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Sunday, April 18, 2010

House keeping


Cleaning is not really my thing... I appreciate it, but it seems so pointless most days. I do try to keep some tidiness to our small farmhouse. Often even that fails...

True story; I came home from dropping the kiddies off with my dear Mom only to find what I honestly thought was a ransacked house. 
Was it the almost a year old "puppy?" 
What had happened while I was gone?! 

It took me a full minute to realize that we had more likely left it like this as we dashed out early for Sarah's Chinese class, then meeting with "JoJo."
I guess while I was upstairs packing their bag and getting myself ready, they'd been unpacking everything from every bin and basket in the living/family/play room.  sigh  

The Farmer suggested I not look at it while I had the time to myself and instead go out and garden like I'd planned. Gold Star for him!!!

Thank goodness the kitchen wasn't as bad. This morning I enjoyed a purple tulip Sarah had brought in and placed on the table. It must be at least seven years old as I didn't plant it and she found it behind the storage shed- a true perennial tulip!
That, my latest Country Living, along with some tea n toast were a great start to my day. Soon the kids will be back. Then we'll all clean up!



1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.