"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Smitten by a kitten

Hello Kitty was very, very special, but I must confess...
This is may be my personal most favorite cat...
Time will tell.
She has some big pawprints to fill.
I named her "Ugg" for ugly.
AKA "Runt."
She was the smallest, ugliest, goopy eyed kitten.
I did not like her looks.
She was kinda icky.
I did not really care for, her compared to her prettier sisters.
Then I realized how tiny, sickly n pushed around she was...
She became my passion.
She has thrived.
She's tough. And brave. And playful. And appreciative. And gentle...

And adorable (to my newly appreciative eyes.) 

She enjoys(?) even more grabbing, lugging n playing than Hello Kitty.

And best of all,

she and Olivia are fast friends!



Sure, there's almost nothin' cuter than a basket full of kittens...

But I got the best one!

Wishing you a cuddly friend to snuggle with... 
No lie, as I was putting this together, Jack was *dragging* Ugg around the living room hardwoods using a puppy collar and leash! 
(She looked content, like she was lounging!!!)
Gotta really love a cat you can use as a swiffer ! ;-)
Please don't report me to PETA.

12 comments:

Janie Fox said...

She is cute but I am a dog girl. Your dog stole my heart.

Anonymous said...

Aw! She's adorable! I just love calico kitties. All three of my siblings and I have been begging my mother for a kitten for Christmas. Not that that is going to happen...

Alison said...

Oh, those wide-open eyes...she looks so innocent and curious. Love that she & the dog get along. That will be a great friendship, I think.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh Benjamin loved this...how precious..and he said, "they like getting in baskets"
Have fun...too cute.

Sandy said...

Hi! Joining your blog after reading about you and your farm today on sweet Janette's blog. I love cats and these are darling. You picked the cutest one!
Blessings~

Sue said...

Hi Leslie, my name is Sue, I came from Janette's blog, so nice to meet you. I have been looking around and reading some of your post, and have enjoyed my visit so much.
Sue

malia said...

that is hilarious! swiffer kitty! i think the cat is cute actually ( -:

Shannan Martin said...

From the bottom of my heart, I cannot thank you enough for your kind and encouraging comment. WHO KNOWS what's going on in his little mind?? He's difficult and challenging and all those things, but we adore him. Thank you you for understanding.

xo

Vintage Country Girl said...

Hiarious! And adorable. I have a heart for cats/kittens. My husband does not. We have a cat. See who won!? Yours is very sweet. Glad she has a family to love her.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I am sucker for any kitten! We are fostering two with their mama right now :) Plus our herd!!!!

Thank you so much for the goodie box!I had so much going through everything :) The kitties were quite impressed with tissue paper!!

Have a wonderful day, Leslie!
xo, misha

Amy Kinser said...

How sweet! I love this post and the sweet pictures that go with it. That kitty curled up next to your dog is priceless.

mountain mama said...

i'm not a cat person but she is cute! can't beat a laid back cat for sure!!! :D