|Just a wee smidgeon of my stash!|
The Farmer has finally found time to put back on his builder hat and start a new major barn project for me... Actually while also working on a clients remodel. The hog barn is transforming to become my shop and lounge!
His past projects were equally thrilling to me and merit mention too ~
- He fenced the large back field (in a snowstorm).
- He built a huge run in shed and trenched water to my autowaterers.
- He lined the loft floor so all the hay chaff no longer falls on my clean aisle or tack.
- He built new pretty stall fronts in the horse barn and upped the lighting.
- Helped set up all the tack and feed rooms.
- Made me a real wash stall with concrete & hot water (HUGE help during last years blizzardS).
- Installed amazing arena lights so we can even jump a full course at night! :-)
But now for the drum roll, please
bada bada bada bada
|They pumped n dropped the concrete through the upper floor|
Next on the hog barn will be the upstairs portion... All new floor, shore up the old walls with fun salvage, heat, cool add full bath, re roof... Hmm, better stop listing it all as I'LL get too overwhelmed. I do love the old stone foundation!
|Can you see my old wicker carriage out back?|
As a fun outing, the Farmer and some friends went to Chartreuse & Co. with me last weekend. Boy was there lots of eye candy there! They really do a beautiful job with junk! I'm sorry I didn't have a camera.
It turned out to be a very helpful working outing for The Farmer (and ME). He saw how simply, yet tastefully, they had outfitted their old dairy barn. He also saw prices on lotsa stuff just like mine and people buying lots too. I think it really validated my
I didn't buy anything too exciting at Chartreuse. They sure had lots more glamorous junk... But seeing as I still have sheds n sheds full of projects, and am trying to declutter, I only bought something (on clearance!) if I knew exactly where I'd use it. Remarkable self restraint for me. Love the cheerful heavy felt stockings. Even if I did swear off more Christmas stuff! The shade below is prolly a Rachel Ashwell. Not vintage linen etc, but suits my bedroom colors perfectly. And did I say "on clearance!?" They had great prices and fun stuff ~ go visit Chartreuse if you can!
Does your hubby think you're nuts for loving junk?