"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Slick Pappy

Whooda thunk it?!
I married a trucker!!!
And a builder.
And a farmer.
And an inventor
And my best friend.

Can you see the "monogram" S for Slick Pappy? teehee

We call him "Slick Pappy" these days as a joke CB handle.
He's dern proud of the equipment he's bought and fixed up.
This big truck, with huge dump trailer, is the newest...
The Farmer's all ready for next years even bigger crop.
Whatever makes him happy.
He deserves it for all the happiness he's given his family!









Yup. We tease 'im LOTS. 
("That's what we *dooo.*")
But we love him even more.
He may be a bit of a Bad Boy, but...
He's a real Good Man.
Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!
Hope it's a year full of corn (& silliness)!
xoxoxo
Mommy, Sarah n Jack

*Please note: this has NOT become a birthday blog. We shall now resume our usual random ramblings. At least 'til the summer crop of birthdays!

8 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Happy birthday! You and the kids are very lucky. xoxo

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

He looks like such a sweetheart! Such kind eyes. Lucky you.

MamaMonki said...

I love the pics. Your family looks so happy. Wishing you a blessed year for your family.

Teresa said...

He sounds like a wonderful fella!
Happy Birthday to your man!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well Happy Birthday...that is just great...besides him and I share the same birthday month so I know he has to be a great guy. I love the pictures...priceless
As for giving him a hard time...oh just wait until they are grown, it because hysterical around here hearing our young adults give their Dad a hard time...such a true sign of love!!! or it is to us!

Verde Farm said...

What a great daddy. I love that song by the way :) Happy Birthday to your hubby--enjoy :)

Annie said...

You stopped by today to say hi so I had to pop over to see you too! I love this post...your husband reminds me so very very much of my Dad. Once Mom starts posting more about their life & their farm you'll know what I mean. My Dad is a jack of all trades & he has two semi trucks that he loves :)

Liz Bradley said...

Such a sweet family!
How blessed!
Liz
http://mylovelylittlelulu.blogspot.com/