"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Friday, October 15, 2010

My wildest dreams

Okay, I got some splainin' to do...
Sorry I've been M.I.A.
Business has been crazy (we're very blessed, and grateful)!
But here are a few pics to prove it's not ALL been work.
Bustling, yes, but BEAUTIFUL!

My wildest dreams have come true.
Today my whole family went on a trail ride together on our own gorgeous farm.



You have no idea how much blood, sweat and yes, tears went into getting to this point in my life. 
To keep it real, a few tears were shed today by Jack as he was cold n tired by the time we'd all gotten our gear on and were out in the fields! (And trying to get everyone in one close group for a pic was not fun. Lucky made ugly faces at the other horses scaring them away. Hence poor little Neil Diamond getting his face yanked in this less than perfect shot.) But at dinner when we asked Jack first "what's the best part of your day?" ~ he shouted "Trail riding!!!"

As I showered later I had happy thoughts and remembered how our first family ski trip had started in similar fashion (kids screaming bloody murder about cold and heavy ski boots etc.) only to quickly become one of their favorite activities. It can be work to make happy memories. sometimes. Below was a spontaneous one with no effort involved from me except to implore them again to
"STAY STILL for one minute, PULEEEZE!" ;-)



Don't these two look like woodland pixies at sunset? 
In paddock boots.


Hope your weekend is MAGICAL!
* apologies for my post's profuse punctuation perjury ;-0

9 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

SOooo happy for all of you!! A dream come true, and I love it. What wonderful pics, and those little pixies are adorable. You are truly blessed :) Thanks for sharing!- Tammy

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

Oh honey...what a wonderful memory maker for all!! : ) We've talked about this for years and you've worked so stinkin hard, very, very happy for you!! sinff..sniff...

Unknown said...

I agree sometimes the memories can be a bit of a struggle but in the end, it's always worth it. Memories like these are magical...just like those pixies!

~Andrea~

Anonymous said...

That too was a dream of mine! Funny what makes us horse people happy! You are lucky to have a hubby that rides. My hubby rode a little with me when we were dating and once he had me snagged he moved back to his motorcycles! :] My kids and I ride together quite often, though. Such great memories made! I'm so happy for you!

Cheech

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This is just awesome...I was just reading about us having dreams and the need to dream! How wonderful for you to start seeing those dreams come true. The pictures are just precious. I have heard before that these are little glimpses of heaven! Have a wonderful "dream" filled weekend.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Thanks Ladies!!!
Like Cheech, my hubby used to ride w/me, then switched back to dirtbikes, then tractors! I got the horse he's on (and fixed n trained it) for him when he said he WANTED to try riding again. He's a very conservative/cautious rider. Actually I'm praying n scheming for them all to foxhunt alongside me soon... My biz is starting or fixing problem Tbs and usually hubby doesn't trust those horses.

Getting/making safe horses/ponies, on a limited budget, for each of us to ride n enjoy on our own farm had seemed impossible. (And I won't even start to describe the nightmare of the year long negotiation to buy this falling down farm while I was in a "high risk" pregnancy w/uncertain outcome.)

Sharing your passion with family, everyone having fun AND no E.R. visits is the best blessing ever! ;-)

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Love the pixies...they're adorable! And yep...we all struggle with getting those kids to just smile for a picture. But sometimes, the unplanned giggles are the best pictures anyway. What a fun day for all of you!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Yes, I agree, they certainly do look like adorable pixies!

Melinda said...

Those fun family moments are so worth the extra effort for Mama! Those paddock boots are the cutest accessories to the pixie dresses! :)