"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Farewell Dear Friend


I really don't know what to write. 
She's gone to heaven. 
She touched so many lives here. 
Now she's a bonafide angel. 
I will be forever changed for having known MacKenzie Stuck. 

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. 
God loves us right this very minute as we are. 
I want to use that knowledge and create something beautiful. 
In Kenzie's honor. 
Please pray for Sue and Steve, her parents, Katie, Lauren and Nikki, her sisters and all who will miss her here...  


Before she got her angel wings Kenzie already had well over 361,500 visits to her Caring Bridge page and had helped so very many people.  There are many wonderful words, images and tributes there... She gathered toys and money for other sick kids and inspired many adults with her sunny outlook, determination and infectious smile. If you'd like to help beat children's cancers, you might consider donating here or here. We could all probably best honor Kenzie's life by simply being a better neighbor... Smiles, offering hugs and any kind of help. Today.













And again, especially, please pray for Sue.
She's a supreme mother who has made every. single. breath. for. five. years. about her girls. 
May God Bless you and your family.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my. A great loss for this world. Amazing how she did so much in the short time she was allotted here.

Peace be with you.

Polly said...

praying for you and this family

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I am so sorry.........she has been on my heart and in my prayers a lot recently. I am agreeing with you in prayer for the family and also for you all.
I am so sorry! There are just things I can't understand! I am so glad I believe in a God who holds us all in His hands and will give the peace that passes all understanding to her family during this time.
Blessings........holding you all close this morning!!!

Jen Kershner said...

Of course there are no words that can really bring any comfort but sometimes it just helps to know that someone is thinking about you and what you are going through. My prayers and heart just go out to her family. What a sad loss.

Ms. Bake-it said...

What an amazing and precious little girl. She touched so many lives in her limited time here on Earth. My prayers go out to Kenzie's family as well as you and yours.

~ Tracy

Cassie Bustamante said...

leslie, i came over here to thank you for your kind words and was excited we are both in maryland! but my heart is just breaking for this family. my best friend died from leukemia when i was 7, and now that i am a mom, i just wonder how her mom dealt with it. my greatest fear as a parent is that a child of mine will get sick, and a sick that no one can fix. or that i will get sick and not see them grow up. i will keep kenzie's family in my heart and prayers. what a trememdous life she lived in such a short time, and she has certainly left her beautiful and positive mark on this world- it is a better place thanks to her.

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

xoxo
Beautiful post dear.