"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No, no no!


It's been getting cooler and I love the fresh chill mornings, but... This morning I could see my breath! 
Hate. That. 
I do enjoy falls tremendous beauty and wish I weren't viewing it as a glass 1/2 empty...
As soon as the cool days and slanting sun come, rather than truly relax and savor, I'm already mourning the end of my flowers and COLOR.
Guess I'm a classic hot blooded Leo (despite my Scandanavian roots). 


I wandered through my gardens trying to capture as much of the last of summer as I could...


 I can see that I'm not the only one
rushing to gather it all in...




Oh well, although most of my flowers are tattered n torn, there are still fresh new blooms opening and there'll be more things to enjoy, at least until January.
Did I mention I hate winter?


I hear we're in for one last heat wave later this week...  :-)

Hope your day is bursting with happy colors!


I think I might partay before it's too cold also... I'll need some new friends during the long lonely winter!

also confess to others about my winter dread at the cute og
http://itssoverycheri.com/

9 comments:

Nezzy said...

Oh girl, I'm with ya all the way. This is one chick who goes down kickin' and screamin' all the way into winter. I'm so not a snowbunny!

I just came in after deadheadin', I know...most 'round these parts have given up and cleaned the flower beds but not me...I'm still hopin' for more glorious blooms!

Ya'll have a gloriously blessed day!!!

These Nine Acres said...

I wrote a very similar post the other day. While fall is my favorite season, weather wise, I mourn the loss of color. :0(

Flartus said...

I'm with you. I grew up in the snowbelt, and while I would be intoxicated by the fall beauty of the sugar maples turning to flaming colors, I was still ready to scream "Stop! Not winter again!!"

You have so much more color than we do here. It's been about 2 months since we've had any measurable rain and the major color here is crispy brown. Thanks for sharing your fresh, dewy flowers!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh how beautiful!!! Our heat kills everything...we are starting to have mums, but my A/C is still going 24/7! Enjoy your fall!

Lori said...

How pretty your yellow buildings look behind all your COLORS : )

debbie said...

Brrrrrrrr!! Being able to see your breath!
What a reminder. It was 88 degrees today where I live. I normally despise the heat, but am savoring what will probably be the last day of this kind of heat til next summer.

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said...

We're still hot here in the Carolinas :(
IT is suppose to cool down here and by Sunday it's going to be in the low 80's. I am so tired of watering my container plantings 3 times a day, but if I don't they won't survive! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Beautiful photos and color.... another summer fan. Happy Outdoor Wednesday

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Leslie,

I am the same way. I am still clinging to summer and am certainly not ready to let go. I like fall, but I despise what follows! I would prefer to jump from fall to spring! Your flowers are gorgeous! I especially love the white roses. Great photo of the bee!

~ Tracy