"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Monday, September 13, 2010

Cup-O-Cheer


A cup o cheer. Exactly what I need this morning. It's been rougher than usual facing this week. Last night I visited with our dear little friend MacKenzie. Please pray for her and her family. She is losing her battle with a brain tumor. I brought food n goodies and planted purple n pink mums, pansies and bulbs to bloom next spring... I thought about how she has brightened my world and the lives of so very many who have never even met her. She loves Tinker Bell and it's so fitting... She's a sparkling pixie herself, a shining ray of God's Light, and I know she'll never be far away...


I shouldn't have even tried to start the day without my coffee. As I began making scrambled eggs for the kids, I cracked the shell and dumped the egg in the trash! When I did finally get to my coffee, I think it might have had a fruit fly in it. Or a coffee ground. Going with the coffee ground for the time being.


Hope your week is off to an energetic start!

7 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Sending prayers for your dear little friend and her family. What a thoughtful visit you had.. bless you! -Tammy

Polly said...

Just found your lovely blog! Looking forward to reading more! Blessings!

Vintage Country Girl said...

You are hilarious! I cannot even begin to think about the day without coffee. I guess I'm officially addicted! I LOVE your coffee sign at the end. Very funny.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well I start the day with Chia Tea! Love this coffee can.
I have been praying and still will...also for you as minister to them!
Blessings and so sorry!!!

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

So sorry about your young friend.
I can't start my day without coffee either! Love the Drink Coffee sign.

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

Sad day.

The Single Nester said...

What a hysterical coffee quote! I am a tea drinker so I can't relate. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. My bad. I forgot to check the comment box when I wrote my Hamptons Farmstand post.