"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Monday, April 20, 2015

Keep him til the end


This is a poem most horse people learn. It's believed to do with the thinking that white hooves are softer and thus more prone to trouble and horse legs with white hair can be more prone to fungus. None of that is desirable in a working (farm) horse.

The truth is, horse folk love the look of lotsa white.
We call it "chrome" and like our horses "blinged out" (but also low maintenance…)
To me, Manny has the perfect amount, and is one of the most low maintenance horses I've ever had.
(Knock on wood she says loudly)

"Four white feet, keep him not a day.
Three white feet, send him far away.
Two white feet, give him to a friend.
One white foot, keep him till the end.

Glendevon's Mountain Man, 16.2hh,  1/2 Cylydesdale, 1/2 TB


My amazing n awesome stallion turns 20 today!!!
He's a keeper for sure.
So athletic, smart, handsome and most importantly, 
gentle n easy to have in our family.

Manny with Sarah



A few of Glendevon's Mountain Man's foals 







Happy birthday Manny!
We've been through so much together.
I'm beyond blessed to have such a sweet stallion!
xoxoxo



no, this will not become just a horsey blog.
I have lots more varied posts planned, just little time or cell service

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Horsey is fine with me! Manny is gorgeous...please wish him a Happy Birthday and give him a hug for me.

Vintage Country Girl said...

Manny IS gorgeous!

Bren + Lucy said...

Loving your pictures and the original and beautiful way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I love seeing your horses. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer...I think of you often!! Hugs to the kids.

Unknown said...

hi... nice way to put your success.... we are into dairy farming... any ideas for share our successful journey too?

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Miss you and think of you often. We must catch up one day. Until then...Merry Christmas!! Enjoy!!!!