"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Monday, February 10, 2014

SICK of it

This is getting really, really old.
Please excuse me as I've gone snow crazy...


We got 2" snow yesterday and school was late again today.
Last week between snow and wicked ICE STORM, they hardly went at all.
In between we're all fighting cold n sinus issues.
Farm chores have been exhausting.
I'm thinking I should switch to breeding Icelandic ponies!


NOW a "nor'easter"?!?!


We're supposed to fly out Thurs for some snow "play!"
hurmph
Hope you are faring better friends!!!


2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Ha Ha Ha! We have had 20 inches of snow in the past 7 days with more on the way. I hope you can get to where you want to go and that the weather there is what it is supposed to be. We all deserve a break....

brooke said...

I am totally over it. It is -10 right now outside. I am practicing the art of "deep litter" with the goats this winter. Meaning I just keep throwing new thick layers of deep bedding on top of old. It is a solid 7 inches deep now. Going to have to hire the neighbor boys to come clean it all out come spring. It's supposed to be an actual management technique for small livestock - not just being lazy like it is for me.