"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fun Family Fourth

I'm ba aack!
How was your holiday?
Mine was a real treat.
Gorgeous views, great conversations and lots of fun.
In addition to all this I bought a new camera to record it all!
It's a Canon EOS Rebel T3.
I'm giddy!!!!
So now I apologize if I bore you with my *many* travel pics...
At least you might prefer them to the last 6 months of phone pics?  ;-)

There was boating of all sorts






And of course watermelon eating contests

Cousins jumped off the dock once again...

And acted silly with their Uncle!!!

We hiked up to see the lake from a different view

And wore some ice cream to cool off afterwards,

And just plain hung out.





Sometimes "upside over" as dear Jack likes to say!

My baby brother and his sweet fiance even snuck some alone time!

We enjoyed bonfires, s'mores, fireworks and sparklers... 



Lotsa games and





memorable cakes of all kinds.
Like Casey's perfectly patriotic one

and the "pro's" crooked, near catastrophe, that kept us giggling!

The birthday girl was extra special and sparkling
as she celebrated the big 7 0 !

I swear I watched my little girl grow up right before my eyes.
She really liked the boys...



Luckily I was distracted by lots n lots of pretty places to practice with my new camera....








 Now I think I get what Billy Joel was singing...
I'm in a New York state of mind.

Hope your holiday was a happy one!

10 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Now that was an outstanding post. You have a beautiful family and know how to take terrific photos. Where were you? Lake George????

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

pure summer FUN !!!

love it all...

Janie Fox said...

Your p\pictures are great! And your kiddos are so cute. It looks like a really pretty place. So glad you had rest and fun. I looooved the butt crack picture. haha butt crack baby butt crack....sang to the tune of love shack of course.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh you sooooooooooooo know how to live and you don't need to read any of those articles I posted, you have it all in balance! These are just wonderful! I felt like I got a little vacation also, instead of the unpacking boxes.
What a precious family, what a wonderful life you are giving your children! Keep up the good work Momma...you are a joy!!

This Farm Family's Life said...

Congrats on your new camera!! You will LOVE it! Beautiful pictures and I'm so glad you had a nice holiday!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Your kiddos are adorable, and your photos are purely amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous post, Leslie. I enjoyed every last bit. It was a mini-vacay for me, who remains on the farm with my ball & chains - oh, I mean my adorable critters ;) Thanks for sharing - really made me want to go there! -Tammy

Vintage Country Girl said...

I'm jealous of your holiday...AND the camera. Have fun using it. I still have a point and shoot, but need to save some money for the "big gun!"

Lynn said...

Gorgeous pics, it looks like you all had a great time! Love the last shot:@)

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

WooHoo!!
So happy you finally took the plung :) : ) : )

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful time Leslie. I'm ready to move! : )

~Andrea