"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fire bucket


I found this bucket by the side of the road! Being the whacko smart girl that I am, I had to turn around and go back. I planted it with extra vinca vine that is taking over a bed and a few leftover white impatiens. It's hung by the doors to our barn aisle, where I also have a vintage fire safety sign just inside... Too bad you can't really see the blooms against the barn trim now. I have high hopes for an impressive display as it fills out. But for right now, Free n Easy = perfect!


I needed some escape instant gratification. BAD. We've been working like crazy and I've had no time for anything fun or creative. I have a ton of pretty projects n pics just waiting for me to find time. I really need some cleaning help  girlie time. I might have also fallen into a parallel universe where Blogger loads my pics almost instantly. But I don't want to get spoiled and think that's reality... We'll see.
* NOPE twenty min load time EACH again*
IF I get some play time and IF blogger n my dying Mac can get along, I'll post a lot more soon.


Meanwhile, it's hay season here and with the tight economy it's pretty much just the Farmer and I making it all... We do get some nice suckers friends to help unload wagons in the early mornin' hours when it's bearable cool, but by days end we're cooked out. I'll post some pics soon of our pretty hay. It IS a beautiful process. Our kids are super troopers and enjoy the tractor time, but I'd have to say that insane playful Olivia enjoys it by far the most!

What about you? What fun finds have you picked up?

1 comment:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I just love the red bucket...and the fact you took a picture of it. I saw this red metal thing while on our anniversary trip and went running to it to see what it was because I had seen this picture.
Blessings on your farming crops this year...may God richly bless the works of your hands,
Janette