"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Saturday, April 8, 2017

I'm (heart)in' tartan

Did you know that April 8th 2017 is officially 
National Tartan Day?

It's no secret here...
 I'm mad about plaid
every day & e v e r y way!!! 

 I mostly show it off in my stable ~
all my horses all wear it!




even my website...





But I don't have a horsey hood like this. Yet ...  ;-P





However I do actually own an obnoxious tartan lap robe for carriage driving
(tablecloth)
(or it might actually be a 70's era Brady Bunch wrap skirt like this!);-)




I carry my riding helmet n gloves in this perfect bag I found at Target.
And within is my vintage wool change purse for mad money.




I pack our picnics using my collections too.




I use another tartan horse sheet as a tablecloth for tailgate parties at shows.
of course these would be fun on a picnic (from Ralph Lauren)



If it's a casual outing we use these saddle pads.




I'm always ready for rain with wax coat, hat n brellie by the door





Of course Christmas calls for LOTS of tartan!

Oh how I'd love coming down to find these under my tree!




Years ago (see young Nick) this was our cottage porch at Christmas.
I used flannel sheets n pillowcases outside.




My father was British, I enjoyed Scotland as a youth and grew up sporting kilts 
so you've prolly noticed that
I'm always trying to dress my family in tartans whenever they allow...










Guess who's next?! 






Ooh swoon, maybe The Farmer might wear this amazing ticking n tartan combo?!


He wishes I could carry off this combo!!!
Leopard coat with tartan leggings!


or maybe these would fit in to my lifestyle better? 

love. part tartan. part gingham



Drooling now...







Now this has promise!





I really am thinking about these since I've finally had to break down n wear glasses.




And this case would be perfect!




How fun would it be to tour the town in this?





In decor;  I adore...



The Polo House and Taratn Terrace.com are great sites!


I plan on recreating above n below images!





But I don't think tartan has to be  just for Christmas... do you???












I think it's awesome in the tackroom year 'round!
That's actually why I started this search...
I'm wanting to do a "feature wall in my clients tackroom.





But tartans also come in a rainbow of colors,
including brights n pastels that suit spring...! 
Maybe an Easter frock?  lol 



How about you?!?
You can see if your family has a tartan?
click this great site!

Q.  Can I wear tartan if I cannot find my name associated with any of those on the recognised list?
A.   Yes. Tartan is a gift that we have given to the world. The idea that a man can only wear a kilt in his own family tartan or one associated with it has given way to a more broad minded approach and most ladies are quite happy to choose tartan with the colours they like best.


(psst Etsy has TONS)

Happy National Tartan Day!

7 comments:

Leather baba said...

Informative Website. Please Keep Continue Such Kind Of Effort.
I Shared Your Post With My Friends Also. kilts outfit for sale

Jahir said...

Thanks for the nice post.
Helen Keller Quotes

Credit Loan Solution said...


Do you need Personal Loan?
Business Cash Loan?
Unsecured Loan
Fast and Simple Loan?
Quick Application Process?
Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
No Hidden Fees Loan?
Funding in less than 1 Week?
Get unsecured working capital?
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
Whatsapps +1-(551) 356-3808 (call/WhatsApp)

Annette Kinglock-Murray said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

Nice one !!!
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.

ionezation said...

Find the latest updates on the Pakistani layer industry at PoultryBaba.com.


https://poultrybaba.com/blogs/Major-components-for-poultry-nutirtion

Slnt Tanker Water Supply in chennai anna nagar said...

All images are very nice. I like that gown. it's really nice to read. visit for our tanker lorry water supply in chennai anna nagar
lorry water supply in chennai anna nagar