"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tender hearts and milestones

Last Sat and Sun were the state junior hunting days.
Jack and his Daddy have been practicing and practicing. 
For years.
Jack has become an ace shot on targets. 


And his hard work and patience paid handsomely.
And filled our freezer.

Our six year old shot a seven point buck!
He dropped him fast with one shot.


 To say his Daddy is proud is a gross understatement.

But this boy will always be a true tenderheart.
Here he's snuggling with Nick before an early depart. 


 On a sadder note... Sarah lost her beloved pet rat unexpectedly.
Sarah did a great job taking care of her.
Sandy was a special rat no doubt. We all enjoyed her.






I love how my family supports one another. And love all creatures great and small..


4 comments:

Holly said...

Amazing! Congrats to your young man! I love it when kids learn skills like that and see the value in it. I'd be proud too!

Unknown said...

You have the cutest kids....and the best pictures of them. My guys are big hunters also and I can't wait to have venison in my freezer again. Thanks for sharing.

Lori Skoog said...

Could not find an email...yes, getting blankets clean is an expensive proposition. Hope you did not have too many.

Great photos as usual. Sorry about the loss of your daughters rat.

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

OMG!!! Look at your (not so) LITTLE MAN!!!! Way to GO Jack!!! Both your hunters are lookin adorable! Bring on the DINNER!!

Sarah, I'm sorry to hear about Sandy : ( Big ((HUGS)) from Michigan!!

I hear you and Jack are going
out on a family fox hunt soon : )
I know your mama is VERY excited to start this tradition with you!!
Have a great time and make sure she takes LOTS of pictures to share!

xoxo
Lori