"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Field trip friends

We hosted Jack's class for a farm field trip last week and had lotsa fun.


They came.

They milked.

They gathered (eggs)

They learned (about farming n equipment)????

They left by noon so that we could resume workin ourselves to a frazzle baling hay.

My wise friend Lori who is a Girl Scout/Daisy leader warned me that I was too worried about all the wee details.
"They won't care."

she.was.spot.on.

I obsessed about everything ~ farm lessons, foods from the farm, even goodie bags w/seed packs n goat games.
I scrubbed the barn aisle and critters. Planted n weeded. Cleaned the farmhouse. 

They cared most (it seemed) about the Beagle.
Go figure.

Hope you're all feelin' appreciated!

Join me at Deborah Jean's Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 59

8 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I would love to visit your farm. The kids must have been thrilled.
Thanks for your visit here!

brooke said...

I want Lilly's class to come out! How fun. What a great idea. Very cute.

Alison said...

How cool is it to live in a place worth taking a field trip to? ;)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This is just awesome...you win the Mommy or Home Room Mom award...I can just imagine how much they enjoyed this...Ben would have. He just imagines his farm. I am going to share this with him when he gets back from field day.

You Rock!! Way to go! I wish I could come and volunteer as a helper at your farm...but then again I might be more trouble than help...I would have no clue!

The Little Red Hen said...

I agree, You ROCK! I think I would have been a wreck having all those kids run around. It looks like they had a blast and it was a beautiful day.

mountain mama said...

oh, so sweet you are! love the goodie bags...i know they had a blast!!

Unknown said...

Great post! I wanna come for a visit to see all that farm charm too! I bet all ages loved the tour!
Thank you!

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

THE Beagle! HA! :)
You know who will remember it the most...JACK!! Maybe not a memory but in his heart. Alll of your planning, hard work and crazy obsessing, he will remember the pride of showing off HIS farm. How awesome is THAT! You are giving him(them) such an amazing childhood to look back on!
These ARE the good o'l days!

xoxo