"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Monday, March 28, 2011

An early worm got out of bed

An early worm got out of bed
by  Jack Prelutsky

An early worm got out of bed
and murmured, "I feel mean!
I'll put my darkest glasses on,
I'll paint myself bright green

I'll dress up in my wildest wig,
the one with purple bangs."
"I'll also wear a pair of horns
and artificial fangs."

That early worm poked up its head,
which looked a perfect fright,
an early bird observed that worm
and lost it's appetite.


Happy Spring Y'all!!! 
Farm life is keepin' us busy. Hope to share more soon.  The hens and I are happy to be findin' more worms as we dig in the dirt... 
Hope your hands are dirty too!


5 comments:

Vintage Country Girl said...

Just started working the garden tonight by hand. Snow predicted for tom. and Wed. Ugh! But warmer temps by the weekend. I hope to plant scallions, peas, and lettuce this weekend or next week on Spring Break.

Love dirt!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I am laughing..this is great and now I am calling Benjamin up to read it with him. Oh what a fun mother you must be! Enjoyed and enjoy your farm..can't wait for the updates and for how your room is coming!

mountain mama said...

cute!!!

yay for spring!!!

Evelyn S. said...

Omigosh! This is simply wonderful! I'm a fan of Jack Prelutsky, anyway. That is the greenest of green worms!

Anonymous said...

If I saw green worms like that in my yard I am sure I would find another field to work in.