"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you Veterans!

As I drove my kids to school this morning we passed an older man running the flag up a pole in a special garden he'd created at his home...

Made me stop and ponder what else he might have done to show his love of country...
Had he fought in ugly wars to help keep his family and community safe at home?
So many Vets have stories to tell...
Next time maybe I'll stop n chat and learn...

*THANK YOU VETERANS!*

4 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and Amen....just finished listening to Oliver North! Thanks for always reminding us to stop and be grateful for those who have fought for our freedoms and those who still are!

Unknown said...

Definitely...and always say Thank You!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Ok, so now I pushed "follow" and I'm YOUR newest follower. So happy to get your wonderful words on my pumpkin posting. I think that you and I are birds of a feather!

All joys to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Sharon Lovejoy said...

P.S. E.B. White? Great quote. I adore his writing and think he is the greatest...of course, we consider him a Mainer because he so loved it there and finished his life in Maine.