"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Friday, June 13, 2014

Memorial Day memories

Late again, but trying to get caught up...

My "baby" brother, his wife and their baby visited us from Austria!
They stayed just two short nights over Memorial Day but
the memories will last forever.

Of course we wasted no time getting the wee babe up on a pony!


It was The Farmer's first time meeting Aden and they really hit it off!

Our time together was very low key.
.

 We learned some bbq tricks from Ben and ate great food



Mostly we hung out on the porch, or grass...


And Uncle Ben played like old times!


The last night we finally lit the lanterns I'd given JoJo for her 70th!



 Keepin' it real
but maybe you'd rather I didn't?
I've mentioned I'm not a flip flop n fashion kinda farm girl...
I was caught in shorts n paddock boots
(no you will not look at my mortifying middle)




JoJo released the last one along with her wish




She shared it with us...
That we'd all soon reunite for more family fun!



She kinda got her wish extra fast as the next day we went to the Bay to play w/more family!




Next I must wrap up the school year and all the other comings n goings on the farm.
(hint~ we've been VERY busy n blessed!)

Here comes another summer, 
hope you're making fun memories!

No comments: