"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." — E.B. White

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Dec - that means Elf mischief!

 We are officially in the Christmas spirit. How 'bout you?
Our Elf, "Clayton," has returned!

And he brought many Elf buddies...






And what's an Elf without ToYs?!

 On Dec 1st the men went out hunting and Sarah slept late while battling the flu...
Clayton snuck in quietly on a reindeer.
Later we went and cut our tree at our local farm


Grandma JoJo came out afterwards and showed her support by going out hunting with the boys!

We decorated the tree ...

and then we all hunkered down together in our bed to watch...  

ELF!!!!  of course
We came down Sunday morning to find a special surprise Elf breakfast!
Sarah was FULL of drama!



All things Elf or SnOw prevailed ~
powdered doughnuts, elf cups of milk, snow caps, elf lollipops, elf paddle boards, white warm socks, white popcorn, a Santa movie, cookie mix and, of course, syrup! 
Also included; cotton balls (snow???) scattered all over the table and an Elf voice recording toy.

This morning Clayton himself went from my nice list to naughty... We think he's unhappy with our glorious above normal temps and was asking for weather more like his home... 

He wrote out "Let It Snow" in cocoa mix on our counter and 
hung around on a snowflake to watch our reactions.

He also cut out snowflakes (leaving the mess)

And taped them to the back door around our countdown calendar.

Hope you all are counting your days full of fun!

6 comments:

Lori O'Brien Photography said...

Oh that is too fun!! Will you adopt ME???? LOVE Sarah's expressions, awesome photos for the album!!
Hope Clayton get's his snow before he gets into much more trouble!

Anonymous said...

Hope Sarah and Jack are on their best behavior with all those Elves looking over them!

Unknown said...

Oh Leslie, what fun it would be to be at your home. I loved, loved all your pics but those first ones of the elf are beautiful. Your kids are as always precious and I love that grandma goes hunting! I miss having little ones at my house so enjoy the fun while you can! Your tree is so pretty! I can tell your Christmas will be Merry and Bright...:)

Jen Kershner said...

I feel like I fail at Elf mischief! That guy moves around but doesn't have many big adventures around here. I need to step up my game!

mountain mama said...

wow, i think y'all like elves! ;)

great shots, love the ribbons on the tree and the shots of your sweet girl.

merry CHRISTmas! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
I am quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

Here is my blog post funny picture for the day